At the end of the 2019 legislative session, the legislature approved budget bills put forward by Rep. Bruce Chandler and local legislators to invest in important region projects.
Those included were:
- $2.5 million for a new affordable housing development for homeless veterans
- $309,000 for expansion of the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic in Yakima;
- $154,500 for the Yakima Valley Fair and Rodeo to build a new livestock display arena for 4-H, FFA and other local exhibitors;
- $62,830 for the Filipino Hall renovation in Wapato
- $25,750 for the YV-Tech Welding Program in Sunnyside to purchase a welding simulation system for career and technical education training